9:00 am – 11:00 am: Hong Kong – Canada National Investment Pitch Competition
Highlighting Canada's entrepreneurial spirit, our flagship National Investment Pitch Competition features post-secondary student teams who will pitch their business ideas, leveraging the "Canada - Hong Kong Advantage", live to conference attendees and a panel of seasoned professionals for their shot at $50,000 in cash and prizes.
12:00 pm: Welcome Address
- Kathy Chan, Director, Hong Kong Economic and Trade Office in Toronto
12:15 pm - 1:45 pm: Luncheon and Keynote Speaker
Guy Saint-Jacques, Canadian Ambassador to China from 2012 to 2016 will open the session with an update on Canada's commercial ties with Asia in an uncertain global environment, why Hong Kong continues to play a key role tapping into this market and how this affects local businesses.
2:00 pm - 3:00pm: Panel #1 - The Belt and Road Initiative and Greater Bay Area
The Belt and Road Century has arrived, and opportunities exist for Canadian companies to tap into. This panel discussion on the Belt and Road Initiative and Greater Bay Area will demystify China’s ambitious foreign and economic policies, and facilitate businesses efforts in turning vision into action so as not to miss the boat.
- Andrew Skinner, Head of Global Trade and Receivables Finance, HSBC Canada
- Andrew Yui, Director, Canada, Hong Kong Trade Development Council
3:15 pm - 4:15 pm: Panel #2 - Fintech in Business
Hear first-hand from industry experts on developments in technology like fintech, cryptocurrency, and artificial intelligence to learn how to apply these advancements to benefit your business both locally and abroad.
- Randolph Mank, former Canadian Ambassador in Asia and Vice President, Blackberry
- Riven Zhang, Founder and CEO, Motion Pay Technology Inc.
4:30 pm - 5:30 pm: Panel #3 – Asian Inbound Investment
Discover how best to position your business to attract inbound investment from China and Hong Kong.
- Ken Su, Partner, PWC
- Raj Dewan, Partner, McMillan
- Drew Dorweiler, Managing Director, IJW & Co., Ltd.
5:30 pm: Closing Remarks
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm: Awards Ceremony and Networking Reception